Friday, June 15, 2012

interview, interview, interview

Five interviews in four weeks! Whew!
Plus, the temp/perm/staffing agency has two interviews in the works and I had a phone pre-interview yesterday.

I called mom to let her know my progress, and to ask her wizened advice about one of the jobs I've interviewed for.

Well, I was sharing with mom all of this and mom just kind of lays into me about not having a job yet! Uhm hello??? I've been busting my butt to get interviews.  Just because I don't like the job searches you send me doesn't mean I'm not looking for a job! It has been a MONTH! Jeez.

God Bless Texas, but my parents have no idea about the entertainment industry.  A few years back my dad thought I should just "get a job on set, making costumes or building sets or something" to get my foot in the door as an actor.  Bless his heart.  Mom keeps sending me job links to the film studios, even though it is in departments like international contracts or media relations and entry level positions like receptionist or boot licker.  Somehow, in her mind that will get me a job on set eventually.

Maybe that would work.  Here's how that would go down: Day in and day out, I arrive to work on the studio lot and silently cry inside that I am going into a building that has nothing to do with performing, chain myself to a desk and a phone for 8 hours with a small break for eating and sobbing.  On my allotted break from prison work, I would stagger out for food and hope for a drunk delivery truck driver to be in my path.  Instead, I would happen to pass by the Commissary where Spielberg, Judd Apatow and the Cohen Brothers would be having lunch.  And instead of ignoring another peon worker-bee, they would somehow look past my haggard looks, mascara stained cheeks and my bloodshot bleary eyes and see a talented, funny, hot-for-okcupid-standards, undiscovered *STAR*  and simply not be able to resist casting me as the lead in all three of their next projects.  Yup, that's pretty much what is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment