Thursday, June 7, 2012

FIRST FIRST DATE!


I've been emailing with a guy online, and earlier this week he asked if we wanted to continue the convo in person.  EEEEEEEK! *deep breaths, Joanna* This is what is supposed to happen.  Deeeeep breaths. Maybe a little yogic breath - ujjayi breath.  (Coincidentally, when you google images for ujjayi, this comes up: 
one-eyed jesus in a prison bathrobe
)

After I calm down a bit, I email him my number so he can call me.  But, he texts.  (le sigh)  Is it too much to ask a 48 year old man to pick up the phone and call?  And then he wants me to make the plan.  So I suggest a FiveBucks in between his place and mine. He texts me, "Are you askeered? Why don't we do happy hour or a meal somewhere?"  I refrained from asking if he was "askeered" to actually pick up the phone and call me like a grownup.  

Long story short, we met for happy hour but ended up ordering a full meal because that's ultimately what he wanted to do.  He was a nice enough guy, and I'm open to a second date if he asks, but certainly not "You had me at hello."


Will he ask??? Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment