Friday, July 27, 2012

"it gets better"

week one at the new job.
hours worked: 35
monies earned: $200
estimated hourly wage: $5.71

I've been told I'm "really good" at this job so far and that it will "get easier." I feel a little like I'm caught in an anti-bullying campaign with how many people have told me that it "gets better."  (It Gets Better Project) Seeing as how I had about 1.5 days of training and it is really up to me to figure things out (ie: product knowledge, how the phone works, etc) maybe it is not so bad.  Everyone keeps telling me that I'm learning really fast... how long did it take these people to start making money?? 'Cause it isn't exactly rolling in for me right now.  Mama isn't even making minimum wage at this point.

Sigh... I guess I'll give it a little time.


and we shall see how the cookie crumbles.


Speaking of cookie, I was craving one this afternoon (coincidentally right before yoga) and stopped at the Belwood Bakery on the way.  I've never been there before but driven past a billion times.  I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie, thinking that was a safe bet at a place I've not been to before.  Boy was I wrong! Dry, crumb-y, and crummy! I mean, I still ate the whole thing but I almost didn't! How does a bakery mess up a chocolate chip cookie!?!?!? *FAIL*

No comments:

Post a Comment