Saturday, July 7, 2012

NILP

Nothing better than a good "date" with your NILP. What's a NILP, you say? I'm so glad you asked!

Back when I was working a guy came in to interview and was gushing that his NILP was moving to town and he was just sooooo excited to see her! Well this marvelously darlingly flaming young man was just cute as a button and even brought his NILP (oh right - Non Intimate Life Partner) in to meet us at the store! Well, she was a gorgeous yet reserved (read: snotty) little thing and they were clearly platonically in love.  I decided then and there that I should have a NILP too!

My friend NILP Doug has been such a rock for me over the years.  We met at NYU, had slumber parties in the dorms, talked about boys together, drank way too much booze and coffee and overall always had marvelous times.  He is about to move to London for a year and I couldn't miss the chance to see him while he is visiting LA for a few days.

We chatted over burgers at the always delicious Laurel Tavern and per usual shared about boys and work and life. I look at him and it makes me feel not quite so bad about being single - that I'm not the only one.  He is cute, funny, successful and swishingly darling man and somehow single! So I guess the fact that so many of my girlfriends are head-over-heels shouldn't make me want to commit myself to the nunnery just yet.

come here you little harlot!

No comments:

Post a Comment