Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Poor Pitiful Pearl

I worked on a show back in 2007 and became insta-besties with three other girls also working on said show.  As happens, time passed and we all drifted our separate ways.  Well, we met up for dinner and drinks tonight and it was as if no time had passed!  We chatted about sex (good, bad, ugly), kissing (mostly my terrible experience), work, roommates, and baby's breath (the filler-flower).

As we were all going around sharing what we've been up to for the past 2,3,4 years since we've all hung out together, each one shares how they are living with or dating the love of their lives. All except poor little ole' me.


look at my widdle wip twembling
To add insult to injury, out of the three contenders from the man-candy-site, the one I really like hasn't contacted me since Sunday, when I texted him. Boo-sauce.  And tomorrow being fourth of July, the two guys I'm less interested in both wanted to do something with me.  I know, I know, first-world problems. Something tells me this might not be what I'm complaining about if I were living in, say, Darfur.  Although if I lived in Darfur, I wouldn't be celebrating the fourth of July tomorrow either since that's really quite the American holiday... amazing to think that all over the world, right this very minute, people are living their lives.  Some little girl in China is coming home from school; and old man in Russia is drunk on vodka, somewhere in Amsterdam's red light district a young woman is gyrating her body for a high-as-a-kite American tourist and laughing at his idiocy, and none of them give a whit about my problems! Time to pull on my big girl panties and GET OVER IT. *winkandsmile*

No comments:

Post a Comment