Monday, July 23, 2012

can't I just be independently wealthy already?

I've started this new Life Alert job (see: cheesy 80's commercial) and had planned to hit the ground running since it's commission only.  Mama needs some dough! Buuuut the people at Plum Two staffing agency had gotten me a phone interview and even rescheduled from last week while I was in the alternate reality so I felt obligated to wait by the phone.  She assured me they would be calling at 10AM, so I'm on hyper-alert for any peep from my phone starting at about 9:45.

I know, I know, my cell's out of date.  I'm waiting for the iPhone 5.
Tick tock.  10:10 my phone is silent.  I check it to make sure it's charged and at the ready.  Yep.  Full bars and full battery.  10:15 no call.  It must be working because I've received texts and emails.  Ok, I'll give it five more minutes.  10:20 I have officially wasted 20 (plus) minutes of my day waiting for some stupid job interview over the phone (so you know there will be at least one or two more interviews after this) and still no phone call!

I call Tracy*, my rep at Plum Two, and she says she'll put out an email right away.  I wait around a little longer then I just say screw this and eat lunch and go to my job that I already have. At about 2:30 Tracy leaves a message to ask how the interview went.  I email her that I never heard from them.

I mean, honestly people, do you really want to work for a company that doesn't call when they say they will? Yeah, me either.

*not sure why I really give a shit about protecting these people's names... maybe I'll start using the real ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment