Wednesday, July 25, 2012

lesson learned. mostly.

Note to self: going to yoga after eating a giant bowl (or two bowls) of pasta and cheese not such a great idea.

"Mr. Yuck"
Especially when you're expected to do twisting poses.

hurl
Not sure how I powered through without barfing.  And you'd think I would learn my lesson after yesterday evening, but apparently I decided to eat my weight in homemade potato salad (you've just got to taste it -- it is delicious) juuuust before class tonight.  Seriously, am I a glutton for punishment? Because when you're doing shoulder stand and all you can see is your gut hanging out, it is NOT attractive.

notice her completely flat stomach
Here's how this works for everyone *except* this woman above, who clearly is an alien from another planet called Flatstomachon 5.  You start out by doubling over on yourself with your feet over your head.  This feels "amazing" because your fat rolls are crushing each other trying to compete for space with your lungs.  Then you wedge your elbows and hands under yourself for extra support and hoist your legs up into the air.  At this point, your shirt starts to fall toward your chest threatening to expose your blubber.  You grasp at your shirttails while trying not to fall over.  With fistfulls of shirt, your belly is still somewhat protruding because you've grabbed your "flowy" shirt tight to your body to keep it from pooling up around your armpits.  You don't believe me? Give it a whirl. See how good your belly looks in this position.

As I've said before, I refuse to be a heifer and join the ranks of Lowered Expectations. Or as our former president George W. Bush said, "There’s an old saying in Tennessee – I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once, shame on – shame on you.  Fool me – you can’t get fooled again.” – Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip) So from now on, only reasonable amounts of food before yoga.  Unless its really really really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment