Wednesday, August 1, 2012

where's my Mr. Right?

so I've been on this stupid dating site for a couple of months now and what I have determined is that I've looked through all the guys that fit into my "acceptable" parameters and ruled them all out for one reason or another.  I mean, out of alllllll the dudes on the site, I'm merely looking for a hot guy who's not stupid and who is funny, is at least 5'10", moderately successful, not a douche-bag, doesn't have mommy issues, and thinks I'm the bee's knees.  Apparently, that is too much to ask for at this present moment.

Either I get rejected before there is even a date (ie: I've rated some guys highly and have gotten no reply) or the one I found that I liked "wasn't ready for a relationship." le sigh.



Oh! and now to add insult to injury I get emailed by a dude that I briefly dated over two years ago when I was on another dating site. This is a fun story.

Get this: my roommate (let's call her Julie*) and I were both online dating on the same site.  We liked to nickname our dates with names like "the tall one" or "the brit" or "moneybags." Well, I get home from a date one night gushing over this guy.  As I start talking about him, lo and behold it comes to light that it is the same guy that Julie had gone out with a few weeks before! And my first date was basically her exact same first date! Julie had gone out with him two or three times and even kissed him, but ultimately had come home telling me that she thought he was better suited to me and wasn't going to see him again.  When "the tall one" found out that Julie was my roommate, he told me he really had had a better connection with her and so didn't feel like he could continue seeing me since Julie and I lived together and that would just be weird BUT if I ever wanted to grab a beer sometime as friends that would be cool.  Well, he seemed like a nice enough guy so a while later we end up grabbing a few beers.  Aaaaand we may or may not have hooked up.  mmmkay.

oops!


Cut to: two years later he emails me on this current site and wants to "catch up." mmhmmmm.  riiiiiight.  and I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona I'd like to sell ya.

For Sale: good price, boat not included. 
Ultimately, I think I need to wait for a new batch of man-candies to join the damn site so I have a new pool to fish in.  Or, I just decide to date one of these guys:



*not even friends with this girl anymore so not sure why I felt compelled to change her name.  whatevs.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jo, I FEEL you. Ready for this one? Upon reading that I love food AND have started eating mostly vegan,
    I receive this msg tonight: "“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.”
    ― Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

    I noticed you are obssessed with food and as I'm too, love all the different variety the world has to offer, however it breaks my heart that you have stop eating "most" animal products.

    Can you imagine and let your nose dive into the sexy aroma of a Suckling pig stuffed with a secret blend of Balinese spices and spit-roasted over an open fire for hours while basted with coconut milk. Add rice,vegetable and most importantly spicy sambal to the plate and you got yourself a very damn delicious meal. :p

    Man I'm being so mean to you, my apology.

    Hope I make you hungry

    A foodie"

    REALLY? Does this make me want to date you? I'm not even the least bit offended by meat, but what if I were? Would this make a meatlover want to date him? I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete