Thursday, July 5, 2012

rule breaker

ok so remember that one time day-before-yesterday that I was all "woe is me" and "look at the pretty little white girl with enough food to eat and a roof over her head and feel sorry for her because the boy she likes isn't being as attentive as she wants" and "would you like some wine with that whine? (yes, please)" because the lead contender from the man-candy-store hadn't contacted me? Wellllll, I may have sent him one eensy-weensy little textypoo at 10:30pm that night.  And he may or may not have responded asking me if I had plans for the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so he didn't ask me out 3 days in advance (hello, "the rules" do work y'all) and I shouldn't have texted him at 10:30 at night, buuuuuut I got what I wanted /slash/ I'm a rule breaker /slash/ I'm a total weakling. (incedentally, google images of "weakling" produces one of Justin Bieber.  bahahahahaa!)

Despite my belief in certain rules of dating and my subsequent failure to adhere, yesterday Herman* picks me up and takes me to a lovely little spot in Burbank for brunch.  Fun, easy conversation, and then after we pick up a coffee and head over to a local park where we walk and sit and chat and then oh holy heck look at the time! mama's gotta get to her fourth of july shindig.  Get me home, loverboy!

One of the things I like about this guy is he always "takes me home/to my car" rather than "drops me off/lets me out." What I mean by that is after our date he parks the car, turns off the ignition, gets out and walks me to the door. Most guys would pull up outside and put the car in park and wait for you to get out.

Blah, blah, blah get to the point!!! So the BIG NEWS is that he invited me to accompany him to a birthday party on Saturday! I'm meeting the friends! Woohoo! ...ohmygod ...what am I going to wear!?!?




*name changed to protect the innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment