Monday, October 22, 2012

giving back

This weekend I volunteered with an organization that has provided so much possibility in my life.  A lot of people have called it a cult, but if it is, then it is a cult that lets you have anything you want for your life and a cult I don't mind being a part of because they don't make you believe you are going to be taken away by spaceship to God after drinking poison.

to go to heaven you must wear Nike shoes.  for the spaceship. 


Seeing as how I'm just starting a new job and won't get any money from it for at least three weeks, I certainly do not need to be spending the $40 in gas I will be driving through this weekend (and tuesday evening) but sometimes you just give a little.  and karma usually then gives you a lot.  at least, that's the idea.  

Anyway, this weekend I met a guy who, personality-wise, I was TOTES crushing on! OMG we were just laughing and having so much in common and wow! zing! But.  He is just SO not my type.  Facial hair (yuck), slicked back, slightly balding ponytail (double/triple yuck), and a few extra pounds (not horrible, more like final whammy). And I was pretty sure he was crushing on me.  Flattering me, standing close, etc.  So Sunday I didn't have cash to park in the parking lot so I parked on the street.  FAR away.  And this is in a very sketchy neighborhood.  So I asked the people I was volunteering with if one of them could give me a ride to my car that night, since it was about 11:30PM and I am a lady alone.  Well, homeboy offers to give me a ride.

Ruh Roh

Presumptuous me, I think, "uh-oh.  he is crushing on me and it is going to be awkward somehow.  He is going to either try to kiss me or ask me out or give me an awkwardly long hug or something." Ha! None of the above.  Very regular, normal, average, coulda-been-anyone ride to my car.  Whew.

So then he sends me a friend request on Facebook.  I accept.  Homeboy has a girlfriend! He is not interested in me at all! His profile pic is of the two of them and if pix are to be believed (and he has albums full) they are totes in love! ... 99% of me is glad.  relieved, even.  and then the 1% (with all their wealth, power and country club friends) was devastated that she is unloved.  even by goatee-balding-ponytail-man.


No comments:

Post a Comment