Tuesday, January 22, 2013

knock knock knockin' on...

My roommate opened the curtains today and I thought I might have gone blind.  I have not seen the sun in three days.  I have been at death's door with the flu.

Let me say this. I do not get sick.  I am not a sickly person.  You can hack and cough all around me, sneeze in my face, and I will continue on my merry way as healthy as an ox.

oxen
I have no idea where I caught this awful bug, but the downhill slide started at work Saturday.  I thought by the afternoon I was just feeling run down because it was a long day. Then the evening I had a chill, but I thought it was because the door the outside was open and there was a draft.  Until I got out to my car  to drive home and realized the temperature outside was 67 degrees.  And I was shivering in my sweater and coat. This was not good.

For the next 36 hours I was thisclose to death.  Or at least I wished I was because if I was dead I would not feel as awful as I felt.


Finally, after a trip to urgent care and the pharmacy, I am on the mend.  And I have watched more TV in the past three days than I would normally watch in a month.  I think my eyes are turning square.  And I never thought I would actually say this, but... I am bored of watching TV.  In fact, I am bored of everything.  Who wants to bring me a cookie? I promise not to breathe near you...

No comments:

Post a Comment