Wednesday, January 9, 2013

boys are dumb

Let's back this on up to about four months ago.  My friend Bryan* (who I've known for a year or two and at times thought maybe had an interest in dating me and at times thought maybe not) invites me out of the blue to go see a concert with him, and he wants to grab a drink beforehand... I am unable to go, but it inspires a flurry of flirtexting over the next few days.  Then it dies down and we go back to our regularly scheduled programming, but he has now pulled himself out of the "friend zone." He's gone from guy-I-see-when-I-hang-out-with-that-circle-of-friends to hmm-maybe-this-could-be-worth-checking-out. But then nothing happens. I see him at a few functions, and nothing. What the...???

Well now we cut to just a few days before Christmas and Bryan and I find ourselves at a shindig and we've had tequila shots.  And we're making out.

So Bryan is tall, hilarious, sexy in that aloof way, and moderately not unattractive.  I mention we should hang out after the holidays. I mean, the kissing is fun, and he de-friend-zoned me a few months back, so why wouldn't we want to see if there's something there?

So we both leave for our separate family vaycays.  We text a little on Christmas.  We text a little when we are back in town for New Years Eve. And then... NOTHING!!!! WHAT THE HELL??  You ask me out, you kiss me (granted, they were 3 1/2 months apart) and then nothing??? Guess what buddy. You have found yourself a permanent home.






*name changed to protect the friend-zoned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment