Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mr. Right... Now

this is a monumental day... I'm deleting my online dating account.  granted, I've been threatening this for a while, but it was with the intent of trying another site.  I have just disabled my online profile, and have no intention of reactivating it. Ahhh! There, I said it.

You remember when I was drinking tequila and making out with a boy? Around that same time another boy (who happens to know the tequila-tongued-now-friend-zoned-boy. yikes) asked me out on a date.  He is considerably younger than me, so I'm really not sure what came over me when I said "yes." Normally I wouldn't even consider going out with someone so much younger than me. I mean, I'm too young to be a cougar, and I'm no Mrs Robinson.


But for some reason I agreed to go out with him, and the whole time I was away for vacation he was texting me and then asked when he could see me again upon my return.  Again I'm not really sure why I agreed to go out with him.  On paper, he is not what I was looking for at all.  But... for some reason I knew I should give him a chance.  Maybe it is my childish sense of humor or my youthful demeanor, but I cannot remember a time I have laughed more with a person.   Anyway, we've gone out several times over the past two weeks, and ... how cute is this... last night he asks if I will "be his girlfriend." I feel like I just got asked to go steady!


So I guess I have a boyfriend now? A twinkie in the city? Ermahgerd!!




Except that there is always a double standard... I wonder if when we go out people think about Kevin* and I the same way they would look at an older man/younger woman? I mean I do care somewhat what others think of me, but the other part of me likes the similarity I now have to Demi Moore...

although this didn't turn out too well for Mrs. Kutcher, did it? hmm


*no, that's not his real name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment