Friday, December 14, 2012

mmm... cake.

there's always those random jobs, where you think, how on earth does a person find out about that opportunity?? Things like this:

I imagine the interview process is something like this:

Interviewer: It says here on your resume that you have experience attending surprise parties, pulling the old "tap-someone-on-the-other-shoulder gag," and have frequently use the word "sike!" in your vocabulary, but I don't see any experience with baked goods.  How would your previous experience lend itself to your having success in this position?

Potential hire: Well, I know I'm rather inexperienced in this exact position, but I feel that the cumulative results of my previous work will give me a solid platform on which to build a new skill set and enhance my current skills.

Interviewer: Let me ask you how you would react to this situation, because this has actually happened before.  You pop out of the cake, and you get icing in your eye.  What do you do?

Potential hire: Oh wow, that's a tough one.  Well, I am a huge proponent for follow through.  I don't let a little something such as a hiccup in the plan get in my way.  I would simply close that particular eye and let the tears do their work.  I would rather have a few streams of ocular-aquatics down my face than ruin someone's special moment.  I am deeply committed to a strong work ethic.  The show must go on, as they say.

Interviewer: Wonderful! Well, we are seeing a few other applicants this week.  I can't say anything officially, but let's just say I have a good feeling about you.  We will be in touch.  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment