Wednesday, May 23, 2012

read this if you like cars

Test drove four cars yesterday.  To compare them to men - Versa: lose my number. Corolla: great to bring home to mom but a lousy lay.  Jetta: sexy bad-boy, but ultimately a heartbreaker.  Mazda 3: suspiciously perfect.  needs a second date to tell for sure.

Read on for more detailed reviews.

Nissan Versa
Nissan Versa.  Should be called the Nissan Slowza.  The Versa is a cute little hatchback and the interior is roomy.  But the poor misguided gas pedal. You push it, it makes lots of vroomy noises, but nothing happens.  I tested it on the freeway and immediately got off the first exit.  This is LA, people.  I'm gonna get run over if it doesn't get up the on-ramp.  This car falls in the category: I'd rather take the bus.
Toyota Corolla
Next up, the trusty gas-efficient Corolla.  Let me tell you, if you decide to buy this car you must at least get an exciting color (like red, electric-blue) because that will be the ONLY thing exciting about your ride.  I mean, its... fine.  The handling is a little squirrely.  But it gets good gas mileage!  And you might fall asleep at the wheel because it is so boring and dependable.  Category: If I have to.
VW Jetta
Jett-ahhhhh.  Zippety doo dah! 2.5L engine.  Biggest engine of the ones I'm testing. Nice bling-y insides.  Ooooh me likey! Buzz-kill. Talked to car-expert-brother and he says Jetta's are expensive to fix and break down a lot.  Plus the nice vroomy engine guzzles the most gas. Some quick calculations (with current gas prices) projected an extra $500 a year in gas over some of these other models.  So its a cheaper car up front with more on the back end.  Some might call that junk-in-the-trunk or A$$.  ha.  Category: My lead foot is drooling. My wallet is clenched like a prisoner on his first day in jail.
Mazda 3
Zoom Zoom.  Now we're talkin.  Gas mileage: eco/wallet-friendly.  Engine: decent 2.0L.  Bells and whistles: ringing and whooting. Do I just get it? I really like it.  We have a few more appointments lined up.  Do we wait to buy and see the other cars? What if this one is gone and we don't like the others; then we're back at square one! Ahhhhh! This is so stressful!!!! I need a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment