Sunday, August 26, 2012

goin to the chapel and we're gonna get marrrrried


My bestie got married yesterday! I went down to San Diego for the wedding.  I was excited to be invited since the whole entire guest list was 12 people.  Talk about teensy! Anyway, it was a beautiful ceremony on a cliff overlooking the beach and ocean.  She has truly found her perfect man! I am so freakin happy for her!

The Wedding Site

After the wedding we all went out to dinner and had gallons of wine and heaps of food.  Well, as it turns out, the groom's bff and I were the only single folk at the wedding.  The entire group was "no-pressure"-ing us to hit it off.  Yeah.  Totally no pressure there.  Yikes.

Well, Herb* is a sweet, funny, engaging and gentlemanly.  He pulled out my chair at dinner. Yes, men, pay attention here because pulling out a lady's chair is super sexy.  HOWEVER. I am not particularly attracted to him physically.  He's not unattractive, I'm just not super attracted to him.

The night goes on, and so does the partying and drinking.  Herb seems quite enamored by me, but I'm not sure if it is genuine or just the wine or just a guy looking to hook up at a wedding with the only other single person.

So as it turns out, Herb's car is parked at the bride and groom's house (where I am cat-sitting for the night while they cozy up in a hotel honeymoon suite) so we both end up there at the end of the night.  Well Herb apparently needed to "sober up" before driving so he came inside.  I could just tell he was going to make a move. And he did.  Well now this is awkward.  I'm not sure I even want to do this, but if I don't, it will be super-duper-awkward for the rest of the weekend as we all hang out for wedding festivities.  Er, uh,... oh haha I love this movie! OMG did you see that commercial? Wow who are they advertising to at this time of night? So funny I just love watching late night TV! Spray on hair? No way! Call this number for fun flirty girls in your areaHilarious! *SMOOCH* hmmm that wasn't so bad... *SMOOCHSMOOCH* well, if I have to...

Rest of the weekend? Smooth sailing my friends. No further makeouts required and he even invited me to join him in Vegas Sunday night. (Yes, I'm sitting in SoCal as I type, and no, I didn't go to Vegas. Although the prospect of a free trip did tempt me) Will I see him again? Well, he lives in Utah and will be traveling for the next three weeks out of the country.  ...so who knows? ;)

*name changed to something totally identifiable to anyone that knows him.  but not his real name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment