Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Workaholic

so it seems I went from being "underemployed" to being a "workaholic."  Between my weekend job and my weekday job I seem to be working seven days a week.  This is not OK.  When I started this journey I wanted a job so I could pay bills, not two jobs and no life.

Luckily, my daddy-o is coming to town and let me tell you, I am a daddy's girl. Pretty much a bat of an eyelash, twirl of the hair, tear in the eye, or other such maneuver and out comes Mr-daddy-fix-it.  Not to sound ungrateful! I am eternally grateful for my amazing dad.  And his wallet.  And his generosity! And supportiveness!  Wallet.  And his belief in me! *winkandsmile*

More importantly, what this means is I am taking the weekend off!!!! And it will be a 3-day weekend!!! Hallelujah! AND I get to participate in the Yoga for Hope Event with my bestie Claire!
(*hint*hint* donating money to a really good cause is... really good)


My sweet wonderful daddy-o, upon finding out I was writing this blog sent me a ream of xeroxed copies of some of my original work from when I was 11 years old.  Clearly I was gifted from a very young age:

First, a Triplet:
Good Day 
"Good Morning!" I say
"Nice Day isn't it?"
"Yes." Betsy answered. 
Poetic genius!

Limmerick:
There once was a boy from Rome
He had never used a comb.
His hair was a sight;
It never looked right.
A boy like that should stay home. 
It is true I like a well-groomed man...

Haiku:
A blade of dry grass.
Not living, never again.
Just standing, dry, dead.  
Jeez, depressing much? I swear I was a happy kid.

Bio poem:
Joanna
smart, loves to dance
sibling of Evan
crazy about stikers [sic], dancing and running
who feels nervous in church, happy-go-lucky at home, carefree, dancing
who fears tarantulas, scorpians [sic], spiders
who would like to see the Grand Canyon, Bill Cosby and the Effel [sic] Tower
Resident of Georgetown, Houston
Kelly
who is this stranger who likes running? although apparently she is smart, loves dancing and sweats like a whore in church, so it must be me.  And you know what? I've seen the Grand Canyon and the Eiffel Tower! Dreams do come true! Anyone know Mr. Huxtable and want to introduce us? Pretty please???

OMG would you look at that sweater!?!?

1 comment:

  1. ever dated a Scorpion? i don't think i have... but are you still afraid of men born between Oct. 23 - Nov 21?

    ReplyDelete