Saturday, August 18, 2012

Run Horsey Run

so it seems I went from underworked to overworked, from not making enough money to still not making enough money, and from no job prospects to a multitude of job prospects.

I currently have two jobs. I have a weekend job (that sucks) and a weekday job (supposedly is going to get better but it doesn't feel likely).  My sweet friend Molly is recommending me to a friend of hers looking to hire a couple of people; a former co-worker says she would love to get me hired at the store she is managing (they aren't hiring now but hopefully will have a spot in the near future); and my dad has some work he wants me to do!

I have two men trying to get into mi pantalones at the moment as well, although neither one is looking for more than some horizontal mambo-ing so the poor cretins will be sorely disappointed.

I seem to have attracted a disfigured version of what I want, but not what I want! I have jobs, but not the perfect one; I have boys, but not men! How is it that I have made so much progress but still feel like I've just lurched through the starting gate?

run, horsey, run!
Thank the sweet baby jesus that I at least have a wonderful zoomy zippy little mazda that I am truly growing to love.  Yes, I said it -- the "L" word! Who knew I could love a little econo-box so much? Amazing gas-mileage, moderately zippy little engine, comfy interior, razzle-dazzle red color... what's not to love? Well, it isn't a BMW 135i sport package with paddle shifters and red leather interior...

*drool*
buuuuuut... it is also a good $20K cheaper.  ka-chiiing! I guess for now I will count my blessings that at least one area of my life is going pretty much how I'd like, and that I have a little love in my heart.  Even if her name is Linda B Johnson, she has a convertible stick shift, and has been gently used.

No comments:

Post a Comment