Friday, February 27, 2015

Camptown Races

A friend on facebook just posted a video that is nearly a minute long of her twins running in circles. To a song that plays out of one of their toys (read: tinny, no words, annoying as f*ck). She was giggling in the background and the caption on the video was "you're welcome."

...for what? for taking away 50 seconds of my life I can never get back? for getting a terribly grating children's song stuck in my head? for posting something I want to see less than that other friend on facebook that posts a picture of what he eats every day? Seriously. I would rather see a picture of food on a plate (ooh! look! chicken and steamed vegetables!) that watch your child act like an idiot.

literally her kids looked JUST LIKE THIS


Call me insensitive, but just because you think your child acting like a dog chasing it's tail is cute doesn't mean it is. Look, I like kids. I really do! I babysat from ages 9-24. I have been referenced as the "baby whisperer" for an acquaintance's kid that would cry when anyone held her except her mom (and apparently me). Given the option, I'd rather sit at the kids table than the grownup's table. Of course, this could also just mean that I am a kid and would rather talk about the best way to projectile a pea out of one's nostril than the latest fad diet or Lady Gaga or if the President is awesome/sucks.

Maybe this video is something that only parents understand. My other friend (who also has kids) commented on said video about how cute it was, and there was a litany of other "awww" "adorable!!" and "love it!" comments. Maybe I am in the minority. Either that or she has really mean friends who think it is just darling that her boys appear to have suffered brain trauma.

Yikes. I think I might be an awful person. It may be a good thing that my ovaries are shriveling up and my eggs are spoiling by the carton and that I seem destined to be an old maid cool aunt. That is sooooo much better than mommy dearest...

No comments:

Post a Comment