Monday, August 12, 2013

on the downhill slide

you know how some birthdays you feel so young and carefree, and then others you think "how the hell did I get so fucking old???" yeah, well I just had the latter.  When my mom was my age, she had a four year old (me, the darling one) and an 8 year old (my older brother).  I can barely pay my bills and am dating someone just out of diapers college. (relatively speaking) What the hell am I doing???

Ahh well, at least I'm not this guy. 
I was once told by a psychic that my late 30's - early 40's would be the start of big success in my career... is that the silver lining of getting older? Something to look forward to in the coming years? Can that success get started a little early please?

oh hold on, I think I just heard something... was that a knock at the door? no? is that just my imagination?

Hello? Opportunity? Anyone there? 
hmm... I'll just keep opening the door over and over again just in case.  ya never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment