Wednesday, March 6, 2013

a job (or four), a car and a boyfriend.

when I started this crazy adventure nearly a year ago I had no idea where it would lead. I now have three or four jobs (depending on what/how you count), a boyfriend and a car. now what!?!?!?

One thing I never planned on was that my three/four jobs would still not pay all my bills. yeahhhh. so there's that.

I work on the weekends teaching kids acting and modeling, but it is not consistently every weekend nor necessarily both days of the weekend.  If it were, that would be a nice chunk of change every week and almost enough to get by.  But it isn't.

(not actually one of my students)

So I signed up to do extra work. I got one of these calling services that will do the grunt work for you to get you jobs. I have gotten one single solitary day of work through them in a month, but that was cancelled by the production before I could actually do it (ie: no paycheck). Ugh.

Then, I'm working on this TV show as a writer and actor, but it is not exactly managed well, nor will it pay anything until we sell it.  I believe in the show, in the concept, and in the ability for it to provide me with viable employment in the future. But as for now, it is bringing me a whopping $0 on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.



Most recently I just got hired as a "Betty," or a personal assistant for hire on a contract basis.  This company hires out personal assistants for as little as an hour or as much as full-time, although most of the clients only need someone a few hours per week. Granted, I just got them the paperwork last week, but I haven't gotten any calls for work there either.

Egads!

And, c'mon REALLY!?!?!??!  FOUR jobs and I still don't make ends meet? This is ridiculous. I am ready to bring home the bacon!

mmmm... bacon


No comments:

Post a Comment